Metabolomics Training Events
These training events are offered by our Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Cores (RCMRCs) and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. For a complete listing of metabolomics events, please see our Events Calendar.
Hands-on LC-MS Data processing and Statistics 2017
April 3-7, 2017
UC Davis, CA Alumni Center, Davis, CA, USA
This course will feature hands-on training with real-world metabolomics data covering LC/MS compound identification, data processing, statistical analysis, network mapping and data interpretation.
We will instruct using a variety of software, workflows, and algorithms but also give theoretical background information and overviews. We will focus on utilizing open source software and only refer to commercial or vendor software when necessary.
All participants will be trained on laptops that were specifically purchased for course training, with all software already installed and data available to use.
The course will include:
- exercises on identification of unknowns by cheminformatics software workflows (incl CFM-ID, MassFrontier, and various databases and small software routines)
- untargeted data processing and exercises on MZmine and MS-DIAL software
- data normalizations and transformations with and without internal standards and Quality Controls
- multivariate and univariate statistics (incl Devium, MetaboAnalyst and other software)
- pathway mapping (incl MetaboAnalyst and MetaMapR)